Tips to keep your house cool in
the AZ heat
Summer is fast approaching! Now that weather is heating up, here are some tips and tricks on keeping your house cool this summer.
It’s all about the filters!
- change every 30-45 days
- ensure they are installed correctly and are the correct size (there are arrows on the sides to show which way goes up)
- cheap isn’t always best (take into consideration pets, amount of people, allergens, etc)
Other useful tips:
- use a programmable thermostat
- keep curtains and blinds closed in the heat of the day
- avoid using heated appliances during the warmest part of the day
- turn lights off to reduce extra heat
- use a fan to help circulate the cool air
- cook outdoors
- trees and bushes add shade outside and can keep the house cooler
Some other great cooling ideas: